Sunday, January 27, 2013

Jungle Juice

A fresh one made in Illustrator CS4.
Probably this is my first work without highly saturated acid colors. The huge electronic voodoo ape is holding the skull filled up with some kind of potion (or poison?). Main inspiration came with the taste of famous alcohol cocktail and electronic music.
I think this work visually represents Leftfield's "Snakeblood", The Prodigy's "Voodoo People" and "Bananas To The Beat" by Yello.
Bubble up!

Original picture I really proud with.

Close up.
I had a lot of fun when I drew the octopus medallion and cute micro synthesizer.
Bubbles are copypasted from Octopus DJ btw :)Repaint rocks!

Character and background are shocking with their outlines. Real mess.

I spent more than 2 hours to prepare color swatches for this work
and my primary idea was to avoid 100% black and default RGB colors.
Click to enlarge (geeks only!).
Click HERE if you are interested in sketches for this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment